Links for the First Lego League and First Tech Challenge Robot teams in Verona. I have coached an FLL team and am now helping with FTC. FLL team
- Getting Started with the Samantha Module\” guide on the ROBOTC wiki: Robotc.net
- The Samantha Module is explained, including the factors to consider in keeping it connected: FirstTechChallenge
- Using Git or GitHub for sharing and version control of software. Tutorial on USFirst-FTC Forum: GIT
- FTC Headquarters http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/ftc
- The official FTC blog: http://firsttechchallenge.blogspot.com/
- FTC Forums http://ftcforum.usfirst.org/forum.php
- National Instruments (makers of RobotC) NI.com
Official Lego 2012 Challenge
- 2012 Challenge, rules, game updates, rubrics
- Download Complete Challenge.Â PDF of the complete set of rules and pictures. (4.5 MB).
- Robot Game UpdatesÂ – The first place to go for answers to Robot Game questions if youâ€™ve already read the Challenge document.Â Visit here often for answers to questions you never even thought of, because the postings here contain official information that will be in effect at tournaments
- Project FAQsÂ – This page is the first place to go for answers to Project questions if youâ€™ve already read the Challenge document.Â You should also visit here often for answers to questions you never even thought of, because the postings here contain official information that will be in effect at tournaments.
- YouTubeÂ Programming VideosÂ by SciQuestComputerLab\’s channel. Includes aÂ video seriesÂ on programming to align the robot perpendicular to a black line and just on the line.
- PDFÂ of programming tips from First Lego League.
- First says this is \”the most popular NXT programming tutorial\”Â http://www.ortop.org/NXT_Tutorial/
- First NXT Programming tutorials on FLL Team ResourcesÂ http://www.firstlegoleague.org/challenge/teamresources
- LegoEngineering.comÂ stuff
- ProgrammingÂ tutorial videos
- Programming tipsÂ – a bit esoteric
- Quite technicalÂ forumÂ frequented by NXT long time users and experts
- Update the NXT firmware to the latest version (currently 1.31)Â http://mindstorms.lego.com/en-us/support/files/Firmware.aspx
Other Team Web Sites
Other ways to program the NTX Robot
Lego enthusiasts and blogs
- FLLÂ DiscussionÂ board
- The NXT StepÂ blog
- http://www.techbrick.com/Â Lego NXT enthusiast site with resources for building and programming. Ruler, scoring sheets, planning pages. Example team handouts for teamwork, project and robot.
- Carnegie Mellon Robotics AcademyÂ http://www.education.rec.ri.cmu.edu/
- Programming tutorial videos
- Programming tips – a bit esoteric
- Quite technical forum frequented by NXT long time users and experts
- Online calculator sums up points from the 2011 missions
- Excel spreadsheet for calculating the robot game score for the 2011 season. Source. Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore First Lego League Team.
- Lego NXT enthusiast site with resources for building and programming. Ruler, scoring sheets, planning pages. Example team handouts for teamwork, project and robot.
- Coaches\’ Primer, provided content for FLL Coaches Handbook.
- Blog with lots of videos
- Carnegie Mellon Robotics Academy
Team Web sites